Thursday, March 22, 2007

PSE Editing

I've had Photoshop Elements for at least two years, and I finally decided it was time to learn to use it.

Here is the original photo:






This is a plain black-and-white, and it doesn't do anything for me.











This one is a "chocolate" black-and-white. I worked on the eyes a little (dodging catchlights, darkening eyelash line), and I really like the way it turned out.






Here I corrected the blue tint and adjusted the eyes like I did in the chocolate B&W. I'm torn between this and the chocolate for my favorite.









The shot was taken on auto setting w/o flash. Until I get a new lens, everything is done on a Nikon D40, 28-55 lens.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

wow! Loving the blue corrected pic!

The chocolate tonal pic is pretty nice as well...

I have been downloading PSE to try out. Just finished, will have to try in the morning.

BTW... your blog(s) have convinced me to try it out. So check it out
www.aimeemsmith.blogspot.com