Tuesday, April 17, 2007

New Portrait Lens

Okay, no more lenses for a while. I still need a good polarizing filter, and maybe I'll ask for reflectors for my birthday. But the purchases have to stop now. I'm having waaaaay too much fun.

So the newest lens is pretty cool. It's a 50mm/1.8 portrait lens. It seems to get rave reviews everywhere I look. The downside is that it won't autofocus on my camera, so I have to manually focus, and this is a problem with a perpetual motion 4-year-old. My focus keeps landing on top of his head instead of his face. With practice, I think I'm really going to like it. I'm told that there's a bit of a learning curve to this particular lens, so I'm okay with that.


Here's some of Braeden that I took with it late this afternoon. Focus and lighting aren't the best, and as usual, please ignore the snotty nose. Otherwise, I like them pretty well. Jeff is already asking for copies to put in his wallet!

No comments: