Friday, April 13, 2007

Barely Keeping Up

Whew. I got the new lens, and I haven't had a chance to use it. We have company coming this weekend, and I've been busting tail trying to get ready for them. Maybe this weekend I'll get to take some pics - Grandpa can babysit and let me shoot, right?

Speaking of lenses, I think I have picked my next two purchases. One is a 50mm portrait lens. Everyone at 2ps keeps raving about it, and I do want to do portraits. Plus it's a fixed-focal length lens, which means one less thing for me to have to think about. Did I mention that I can buy it for about $120?

Second one is a little more expensive. Depending on whether or not I buy the Nikon or the offshoot Sigma/Tamron lens, I'm looking at $200-400 for a macro lens. I need to research that one a little further, but I really want to be able to take ultra-close-up pictures.

Then I need a polarizing filter, and a flash, and a backdrop stand. . .

My word, this hobby is going to be expensive! Good thing it seems to be paying off. I'm truly amazed at how much I am learning - and how much fun it is.

Hopefully I'll have some more pics in a day or two. Until then, adios, amigos!

No comments: